social media and digital tools allow anyone to experience internet week new york 2011
For information, photos, interviews, contact:
Patrick Kowalczyk, email@example.com
Jason Gordon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet Week New York partners with Gloto, Buddy Media, Balloon, .Co, Ustream, and Meebo to offer multiple free tools to watch and participate in this festival
New York, NY( June 06, 2011) – Whether you are in the Big Apple or following from afar, Internet Week New York 2011 today unveiled a collection of digital tools that make it possible for anyone to participate in and keep tabs on the festival’s panels, conferences, parties, and more.
Now in its fourth year, Internet Week New York, presented by Yahoo!, has become one of the world’s top events celebrating digital culture and a global showcase for New York City’s resurgent technology industry. More than 20,000 people are expected to attend over 250 conferences, meetups, exhibits, parties and more at the festival’s headquarters and at venues across the city.
Festival-goers and anyone interested in following Internet Week New York will be able to experience the festival in a variety of ways – from watching events live to submitting questions for panelists directly to moderators. Highlights include:
- iPhone App – Developed by Gloto, the app includes live video streams of presentations from Internet Week headquarters, audience participation at panels via Balloon, an interactive event schedule with walking directions, photo uploading, Twitter updates, news feeds, and more.
- Live Video – Presented by Official Community Sponsor .CO and powered by Ustream, the official live video stream has quadrupled in 2011 to include feeds from both the IWNY Content Stage and AOL stage, the IWNY Classroom, and select events at the Altman Building, including the Kaboodle Fab at Five Fashion Show. Fans can also watch user-generated video from citywide events at video.internetweekny.com powered by Magnify.net.
- Balloon – With the Balloon widget, anyone can ask questions of panelists from anywhere in the world. Balloon even democratizes the Q+A process by allowing users to vote on their favorite questions.
- Facebook – Internet Week’s expanded and enhanced Facebook page, designed and developed by Buddy Media, –will showcase streamed video, photos, giveaways, polls and more.
- Twitter – Follow the official Internet Week New York Twitter feed at @internetweek, and catch the latest festival buzz by following the official hashtag: #iwny.
- Flickr – View photos from Internet Week New York’s official Flickr, or find uploads from festival attendees by searching for photos tagged Internet Week 2011 or IWNY.
- Official calendar – The Internet Week New York website includes a schedule of events and interactive calendar that you can track via Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. You can also use the calendar to connect with friends and colleagues and find out which events they are attending.
- Meebo IW Quest – Download the Meebo MiniBar to participate in a Meebo Internet Week Quest.to discover the hottest and coolest New York-based websites.
- Yahoo! Scene – This comprehensive and immersive online experience will make Internet Week New York 2011 come alive with up-to-the-minute articles, fresh video, dynamic photos, social media and user-generated content.
“This year, Internet Week New York is thrilled to be able to provide a plethora of user-friendly ways for anyone to experience the festival,” said David-Michel Davies, Chairman, Internet Week New York. “These tools allow the public to be active participants in festival, sharing their own ideas, questions, videos, pictures and so much more.”
The full schedule of Internet Week New York 2010 events can be found at www.internetweekny.com/schedule.
Internet Week New York is produced by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (IADAS), in cooperation with the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment. Premier sponsors include Presenting Sponsor Yahoo!, Official Sponsors Ford, AOL, Meebo, Google and Microsoft, Official Registration and Wi-Fi Sponsor Southwest Airlinesand Official Career Partner Vitamin T.
About the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences
The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences was founded in 1998 to help drive the creative, technical, and professional progress of the Internet and evolving forms of interactive media. An international organization, the Academy selects the nominees and winners for the Webby Awards, the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet.The Academy is an intellectually diverse organization that includes members such as musicians Beck and David Bowie, Internet inventor Vint Cerf, political columnist Arianna Huffington, The Simpsons creator Matt Groening, and R/GA Founder and Chairman Robert Greenberg. Find more information at www.iadas.net.
About the Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment
The Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment consists of the Office of Film, Theater, and Broadcasting; the Office of Digital Coordination and NYC Media; and the official TV, radio, and online network of the City of New York. The agency's mission is to streamline government communications by making information accessible, leveraging technology to aid in the transparency of government, and by supporting relevant media and entertainment industries in New York City. Visit www.nyc.gov/mome to learn more, or follow NYC Media on Twitter at www.twitter.com/nyc_media.
# # #